On this date 13 years ago the magic debuted. Club Kerry NYC was born on a whim, for fun, to share my mixes with friends scattered around the world, on a failing medium called podcasting created by Apple. In a short time my mixes found an audience and suddenly was ranking in the top 100 podcast music chart with superstar dj's like Tiesto, Above & Beyond, and Morgan Page. I was hooked. Thirteen years later and more than 300 one hour dj mix episodes later, this not so little hobby boasts millions of listeners, streams, and subscribers. I am humbled.
The name “Club Kerry NYC” owes some credit to former students at Duke University. Upon walking into my office would exclaim “it’s Club Kerry” when hearing the music I’m playing… always vocal house and dance. I lived in NYC when it debuted in 2009.
The accomplishments, reviews, and rankings speak for themselves:
- Ranked one of the top 1% most popular shows out of 2,725,574 podcasts globally by Listen Score.
- A top 20 Chartable.com global reach music podcast.
- iTunes Top 100 Music podcast chart.
- "Awesomesauce" featured by Tunr app.
- A "Top Electronic Podcast" (Player FM).
"Stylistically superior! Simply the best vocal house podcast on the net." (iTunes Review)
Thank you for listening all these years! - Kerry Poynter
The original logo from 2009: