Portfolio & Project Highlights:
Production, audio editing/mastering, continuous mix, artist/guest recruitment/interviewing, and video production by Kerry Poynter.
- Mtropica: Episode 10 of the Official Podcast of Madonna Remixers United - HD Visualizer on YouTube. Teaser ad produced by Kerry Poynter. Includes first person storytelling with 12 guests interviewed "behind the remix".
- A Melodic House Visualizer Video: HD YouTube
- Retro Fusion 17 Visualizer Video: HD YouTube
Awards & Rankings
- Ranked one of the top 1% most popular shows out of 2,926,043 podcasts globally by Listen Score. (The estimated global rank popularity score.)
- Listen Score increased from 46-44 (9/22) popularity compared to other rss-based public podcasts in the world on a scale from 0 to 100. The higher, the more popular. Compared while increased competition of 200,000+ more podcasts tracked since the previous ranking.
- Listed in PlayerFM “Podcasts Worth A Listen” popular electronic music category 21 weeks in a row. (March - September, 2022).
- A top 20 Chartable.com global reach music podcast.
- iTunes Top 100 Music Podcast charts in almost every country and on every continent around the world! Includes USA, Australia, Great Britain, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Poland, Russia, Japan, Brazil, India.
- "Awesomesauce" featured by Tunr app.
- A "Top Electronic Podcast" (Player FM) 2012-2022.
- One of the longest running vocal house dance music podcasts (debuted January, 2009).
- Dedicated listeners built with years of regular episodes, a trusted “perfect mix every time”, and high production quality.
- Demographics trend younger and split male/female, in the USA this trends male and/or gay (based on email and social media communication).
- Fitness and exercise enthusiast listeners trend female/women.
- Available worldwide on every major podcast app or streaming service for Android and iOS.
- Honored as the official podcast of Madonna Remixers United in 2022.
- More than 8,000,000 downloads, streams since January of 2009.
- 14 years in January 2023!
- 340+ episodes.
- 20,000-30,000 streams/downloads per month.
This podcast began as a vehicle to share my mixes with friends around the U.S. where I had previously lived. I used to show up at parties or gatherings with a new CD of remixes I was fond of at the moment. In early 2009 I discovered a failing medium Apple created called podcasts that I thought was going to eventually be removed and decided to use it until then. Very few people were producing podcasts, however some famous DJ’s had already established well known shows.
The name “Club Kerry NYC” owes some credit to some former students at Duke University. Upon walking into my office would exclaim “it’s Club Kerry” when hearing the music I’m playing… always vocal house and dance. I lived in NYC when it debuted in 2009.